2 Investigators: Samsung Microwave Catches Fire

(CBS) — Heating up a bowl of chili nearly turned into a disaster for a Chicago area family when their new microwave started on fire.

2 Investigator Dave Savini found it has happened to others, too.

David Lissner shows CBS 2 the spot where his microwave started on fire after owning it less than a week.

“It was four days old,” he says.

He demonstrates the problem by simply turning on the microwave. After a few minutes, there are popping sounds and flames shooting from an inside panel of his Samsung microwave.

The fire could have easily spread, Lissner says. It continued to burn after the microwave was off.

“There’s a liquor cabinet above it and a venting system that goes through the walls,” he says.

Lissner complained to Samsung.

“The fellow came out from Samsung,” he says. “He said a couple of these have been burning up.”

CBS 2 found other instances of burnt Samsung microwaves on consumer web sites. Sixty-one fire-related…

Original published: 2017-05-19 22:07:54 Read the full Chicago News here


Some local news is curated - Original might have been posted at a different date/ time! Click the source link for details.

Leave a Reply

Send this to a friend