Image from page 391 of “History of Texas; Fort Worth and the Texas northwest edition” (1922) – Chicago Picture

Identifier: historyoftexasfo02padd
Title: History of Texas; Fort Worth and the Texas northwest edition
Year: 1922 (1920s)
Authors: Paddock, B. B. (Buckley B.), 1844-1922 Lewis Publishing Company
Subjects:
Publisher: Chicago and New York : The Lewis Publishing Company
Contributing Library: University of California Libraries
Digitizing Sponsor: Internet Archive

View Book Page: Book Viewer
About This Book: Catalog Entry
View All Images: All Images From Book

Click here to view book online to see this illustration in context in a browseable online version of this book.

Text Appearing Before Image:
ock interests were: Cattle.18,315; horses and mules, about 7,180; hogs, 4.110; sheep, 10.610. Theacreage planted in cotton in 1909 was 121,957; in kafir corn and milo 822 FORT WORT WD T TEXAS NORTHWEST maize, 38,458 acres; in hay and forage crops, 12,907 acre-; corn, 2,981acres : a minor acreage in oats and wheat, about 500 acres in potatoesand other vegetables, and with approximately 65.000 trees in orchardfruits and about 5.000 pecan tree–. Along the Colorado River about2.500 acres are under irrigation. By 1920. 265.500 acres had been improved. Figures representing thelivestock interests were as follows: Cattle. 25.000; horses and mules,about 8.500: hogs. 4.110; sheep, 35.000. The acreage planted in cottonin 1920 was 150.000; in kafir corn and milo maize. 50.000 acres; inhay and forage crops, 12.907 acres; corn. 2.981 acres; a minor acreagein oats and wheat. 5,000. about 500 acres in potatoes and other vegetables,and with approximately 65,000 trees in orchard fruits and about 5.000

Text Appearing After Image:
Si rum ( oun n Court I Iouse pecan trees. Along the Colorado River about 2,500 acres are underirrigation. BallingerThe only important centers of population in 1890 was Ballinger, witha population of 1,128, and in 1910 of 3,536. Other towns are Winters,Miles and Rowens. The formal beginning of the history of Ballingeidate– from June 2>. 1886, when the lit–! sale of town lots was held. In1920, Ballingers population was nearly 4,000. and it was one of the principal trading centers of Coke, Concho and Runnels counties. Amongits principal industries were four gins, oil mill, compress and its CreaS)Rotary Gin Saw Filer Company. Ballinger has eight churches, twoPresbyterian, one Methodist, one Baptist, two Christian, one Catholic.Hi- Episcopalian, all housed in substantial buildings. There are fourschools. High School, Grammar and two Wan! Schools. The Halle)and Love Sanitarium and Nurses Training School is located here. Bal linger has numerous wholesale lumber, grain, grocer) ami produ

Note About Images
Please note that these images are extracted from scanned page images that may have been digitally enhanced for readability – coloration and appearance of these illustrations may not perfectly resemble the original work.

Image published by Internet Archive Book Images on 2014-07-30 09:06:50 and used under Creative Commons license.

Tagged: , bookid:historyoftexasfo02padd , bookyear:1922 , bookdecade:1920 , bookcentury:1900 , bookauthor:Paddock__B__B___Buckley_B____1844_1922 , bookauthor:Lewis_Publishing_Company , bookpublisher:Chicago_and_New_York___The_Lewis_Publishing_Company , bookcontributor:University_of_California_Libraries , booksponsor:Internet_Archive , bookleafnumber:391 , bookcollection:cdl , bookcollection:americana

Some local news is curated - Original might have been posted at a different date/ time! Click the source link for details.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Send this to a friend